OLYCA Madden 10
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chatango

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Official OLYCA Rules

3 posters

Go down

Official OLYCA Rules Empty Official OLYCA Rules

Post  mclay8823 (Admin) Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 pm

-All-PRO
-8 Minute Quarters
-15 Second Accelerated Clock Runoff
-Trading is on (No CPU)

The first advance date will be Tuesday, Feb 2. From there, we will advance every other day at 6 p.m. (my schedule permitting). Starting in season 2, we will advance every 24 hours.

If your opponent is not around on game day and you can't get your game in, you need to contact me prior to an hour before the advance time so I can boot that person so you can play and avoid a simulation. The booted party will be allowed back in the league, but they will be at the mercy of the CPU for that game. If, for some reason, you don't get a hold of me in time or I can't get to my 360 in time to boot the other person so you can play your game, you may have to deal with your game being simulated. I'm sorry, but that will be part of the game. I'll try to avoid it, but if it happens (it will at least once in a while), I don't want to hear complaining. I warned everyone.

Other rules:

-Because we want a realistic football environment, please follow these guidelines on 4th down:
a-Only go for it when you are within a few yards to go when in borderline FG/Punt range
b-In obvious field goal range, you should normally be kicking a FG, There are always exceptions and if you can make a reasonable football case for why you went for it, it's legal.
c-If you're down by 21 points in 2nd half then you can go for it anytime.
d-If you're down in the fourth quarter and need a 1st down to tie the game and punting would mean you lose then you can go for it
In conclusion, use common football sense to decide when to go for it. Try to keep it as realistic as possible.

-Nano Blitzing is not allowed and if it is seen, you will be removed.
-HB Flats and Screen abuse will not be tolerated. Do not hike the ball and throw it right to a RB out of the backfield in the flats or run tons of screens.
-No onside kicks unless it's the 4th quarter and you need it to comeback and win.
-Do not onside kick when ahead in a game.
-Be realistic with the no huddle. Only go no huddle if you are running out of time in a half or trailing in the fourth quarter and in a rush.
-Should only go for a 2 pt conversion to tie or cut/add the lead to a field goal or touchdown.
-You may QB scramble but do not scramble right after you hike the ball or run straight to the sideline without any pressure.
-If you like the wildcat or running screens then fine, but don't do it every time. Mix it up on offense and defense.
-Distribute the ball as realistically as possible and use players at their correct position as much as you can. I don't want to see a team's top 2 RBs leading the team in receptions and receiving yards. That is not realistic. Your RB should never lead your team in receiving.

-Not much to say in terms of trading. Just no cheating. Make offers and accept fair offers. I will reverse any awful, one-sided trades unless the "loser" of the deal can explain himself.
-Teams can sign 1 Free Agent per league week (so 1 a day)

Sportsmanship Rules:
-Don't run up the score on your opponent. Run the ball/clock when you have a huge lead. When you can knee the ball then do it
-Don't pad your stats against the Computer or we will stop all play until the league is filled. Run the ball/clock when you have a huge lead
-Trash talk is allowed, but keep it civil.

Forum Rules:
First, Once you have joined the forum(and to be in this league you need to be a member of this forum and be active) You must make your avatar the team you are. This is done to make it easier to recognize who is which team.
mclay8823 (Admin)
mclay8823 (Admin)
Admin

http://www.fantasydc.com

Back to top Go down

Official OLYCA Rules Empty Re: Official OLYCA Rules

Post  popgoesdaweasel Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 pm

-Distribute the ball as realistically as possible and use players at their correct position as much as you can. I don't want to see a team's top 2 RBs leading the team in receptions and receiving yards. That is not realistic. Your RB should never lead your team in receiving.

I know we already talked about this and that's why I'm focusing more on the end of your statement, but New Orleans Saints 2006 season. Reggie Bush lead the team with 88 receptions. Marques Colston was second with 70...followed by Joe Horn which was 34.

popgoesdaweasel

Back to top Go down

Post  mclay8823 (Admin) Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:54 am

Notice that you only found one instance of that...which is exactly my point lol

That wasn't meant as a shot at you. I just add to the rules as things come up.
mclay8823 (Admin)
mclay8823 (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  popgoesdaweasel Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:00 am

oh i know it wasnt totally directed at me..but I'm just stating that it is possible for it to happen..
In fact it has happened many times, and some of them even led the NFL in receptions...Reggie Bush was the first one to come to mind...

Lydell Mitchell
Joe Washington
Chuck Foreman
Keith Byars
Marshall Faulk

even LT averages over 50 catches a year

Point being, you should never say "never"

popgoesdaweasel

Back to top Go down

Post  mclay8823 (Admin) Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:39 am

The only player on that list that played in the 21st century is Faulk.

This will sound arrogant, but it's not meant to be at all: I spend hours of my free time each day studying NFL statistics, so I know what the odds of that are.

I said 'Never' because it never should happen in this game. There is really no excuse to complete a team-leading amount of passes to the HB if you're playing the game the right way. The only way that's possible is if you're abusing HB flats, HB screen, or dumping it off every time, which is just unrealistic.
mclay8823 (Admin)
mclay8823 (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dsmpacttsi Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:47 pm

mclay8823 (Admin) wrote:The only player on that list that played in the 21st century is Faulk.

This will sound arrogant, but it's not meant to be at all: I spend hours of my free time each day studying NFL statistics, so I know what the odds of that are.

I said 'Never' because it never should happen in this game. There is really no excuse to complete a team-leading amount of passes to the HB if you're playing the game the right way. The only way that's possible is if you're abusing HB flats, HB screen, or dumping it off every time, which is just unrealistic.

im pretty sure ray rice led his team in receptions just this last season. and for someone that doesnt like people throwing to their hb's you sure throw to felix jones alot haha

dsmpacttsi

Back to top Go down

Post  mclay8823 (Admin) Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:52 pm

I did the first few games before realizing what I was doing. I don't think he's caught more than 1-2 balls my last few games. Screen here or there.

And, like I said, if it's a guy like Rice or BWest, I expect to see passes to them. You'd be silly not to. But , at the same time, if they are catching a ton, you're probably doing HB flats, abusing screens, or using an HB at WR.

The entire point is just to be balanced and realistic. some of you have a RB leading your team in receptions and I'm okay with that as long as it's not abuse.

It's when the RB has 9 receiving TDs in 8 games...or your top 2 receivers are both RBs, etc. that troubles people.
mclay8823 (Admin)
mclay8823 (Admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum